We wish to thank all IAPDO Member organizations who voted in our 2019 election to elect five new Board Directors. Members were invited to vote for up to five of the 13 diverse member candidates who came from nine countries and 10 diseases. We thank all candidates who put their names forward to stand for election.
We are pleased to announce these newly elected IADPO Board Directors, whose organizations support three new disease areas and two new countries/regions that will now be specifically represented on our board (in alphabetical order of group name):
- Jean-Marie Meurant, Association Française du Vitiligo (France, Vitiligo) - Europe
- Michelle Capon, Canadian Association for Porphyria (Canada, Porphyria) – Americas
- Vlasta Zmazek, DEBRA International (Global, EB) - International
- Marc Yale, International Pemphigus and Pemphigoid Foundation (Global, Pemphigus & Pemphigoid) - International
- Ito Daisuke, Japanese Albinism Network (Japan, Albinism) - Western Pacific
These newly elected Directors will join Cheryl Talent, Simmie Smith, David MacMahon and Julius Muungano on the Board of Directors.
Congratulations to the new 2019-2020 Board of Directors, we look forward to working with you.