The Conference Working Group supports the creation of the second international dermatology patient organization conference to promote best practices globally. The conference location will be in Ferney-Voltaire, France, 10 minutes’ drive from the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) Congress across the border in Geneva, Switzerland, September 15-17.
Role of the Committee
The GlobalSkin Conference Working Group supports staff in ensuring the conference addresses dermatology patient organization needs by:
- Working closely with the Membership Director in planning the IADPO biennial conference;
- Developing a conference theme, and developing a program which is in line with the theme;
- Developing a conference program in keeping with the objectives the IADPO;
- Planning and developing any pre- and/or post-conference events;
- Working with the Executive Director, Operations to determine speakers;
- Following a conference budget;
- Assisting with the organization of conference social and networking events.
Role of the Chair
The Chair of the GlobalSkin Conference Working Group leads by:
- Ensuring that the work of the GlobalSkin Conference Working Group is in keeping with the overall goals and objectives of the IADPO;
- Convening and presiding over meetings of the GlobalSkin Conference Working Group, in consultation with the Membership Director;
- Setting the agenda for each GlobalSkin Conference Working Group meeting, in consultation with the Membership Director;
- Assigning work to Committee members;
- Reporting to the Board on Committee's progress;
- Attending the GlobalSkin Conference and Chairing such events as deemed appropriate, joining in hosting the GlobalSkin Conference Reception guests.
Role of the Vice-Chair
The Vice-Chair shall fulfill the duties of the Chair in the absence of the Chair.
Role of the Committee Member
A member of the GlobalSkin Conference Working Group is asked to:
- Regularly attend monthly GlobalSkin Conference Working Group teleconference meetings;
- Make a serious commitment to participate actively in Committee work;
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and complete them in a thorough and timely manner;
- Stay informed about Committee matters, prepare themselves well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports;
- Attend the GlobalSkin Conference, participate in sessions, and assist on-site where necessary;
- Join in hosting guests at our GlobalSkin Conference Reception.