GlobalSkin 2017 is a conference specifically designed for dermatology patient leaders; it will attract 75-100 delegates from around the world representing a wide cross-section of serious skin diseases. The International Alliance of Dermatology Patient Organizations (IADPO) is hosting this conference in response to patient-leader needs discovered at IDPOC2015.
Patient-leaders will come together for two and a half days in Ferney-Voltaire, France, September 15-17, 2017. This coincides with the EADV in Geneva. Delegates will participate in a half-day Patient Perspectives Symposium and two days of advocacy and outreach training to empower patient-leaders. Registration will be open to both IADPO members and non-member patient-leaders.
Why should I attend?
- This is a unique opportunity specifically for dermatology patient leaders to build skills while networking and sharing their related experiences.
- Geared both to experienced patient leaders and novice leaders, GlobalSkin 2017 will offer sessions at various levels of mastery to ensure value for all who attend as a key component in fulfilling IADPO’s mission.
- By attending this conference, your organization will be better-equipped to reach, support and advocate for your patients.
- You will meet patient leaders from around the world and explore and share best practices.
- Following the conference, delegates will be supported by quarterly feedback mechanism to ensure transfer of training and to provide mentorship and collaboration for needed solutions.
How much will it cost to attend the conference?
The registration cost to delegates is very cost-effective for not-for-profit organizations. The registration fee includes meals. Other travel costs will be your organization’s responsibility.
Delegates that are Members of IADPO are encouraged to apply for financial assistance to help offset their travel costs. More details can be found here.
What will be included in the program?
We are actively planning GlobalSkin 2017 and the conference program is at the centre of these efforts. The conference will include a Patient Perspectives Symposium covering a variety of topics including suggested input from key supporters.
You can help us shape GlobalSkin 2017!
We collected member input on topics and workshops through a survey which is now complete. If you missed it, you can contact Shona Fleming with your ideas.
We have established the GlobalSkin 2017 Working Group which will support staff in ensuring the conference addresses dermatology patient organization needs. More information here.