Membership in GlobalSkin is open to groups that work to improve the lives of people living with skin, hair or nail conditions and, are run by and for these patients. These can be regional, national or umbrella groups that themselves are alliances of organizations or social media/support groups. Membership categories and criteria can be found here:
By joining GlobalSkin, your organization will be able to:
- Take part in this movement for change! Work with us and our like-minded member groups to help change the way dermatological diseases and skin traumas are perceived and treated at home and around the world – create a bigger impact.
- Inform groundbreaking research on the true impact of living with your skin condition. The results of this research will be used to educate and influence local and global decision-makers.
- Benefit from the shared wisdom and experience of all our member groups through conferences, e-learning sessions and shared online resources and tools.
- Get answers to your questions in real time on the GlobalSkin member forum.
- Attend events, including our GlobalSkin Conference every second year.
- Influence global healthcare policies affecting dermatology through GlobalSkin’s connections with the WHO and the United Nations, as well as accessing other influential actors within health and human rights.
Skin patient groups may join us cost-free and gain priority access to future travel bursaries for conferences and meetings like our GlobalSkin 2019 Conference, June 7-9, 2019 in Milan, Italy.
By joining, you also help GlobalSkin:
- Speak with a bigger voice to represent the needs of people who are living with skin disease everywhere
- Bring the needs of the skin patients you serve to the global level to advocate for change to improve the lives of dermatology patients both locally and globally.