- World Health Day – April 7, 2023
- Skin Cancer Awareness Month - May 2023
- Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month - May 2023
- World Lupus Day - May 10, 2023
- International Nurses Day - May 12, 2023
- National Scleroderma Awareness Month - June 2023
- Albinism Awareness Day - June 13, 2023
- World Vitiligo Day - June 25, 2023
- World Scleroderma Day - June 29, 2023
- Alopecia Awareness Month - September 2023
- World Atopic Eczema Day - September 14, 2023
- World Patient Safety Day - September 17, 2023
- Hyperhidrosis Awareness Month – November 2023
- World Psychodermatology Day - November 28, 2023
- Universal Health Coverage Day - December 12, 2023
EADV Congress 2023
The 32nd EADV Congress is taking place from 11-14 October 2023 in Berlin. GlobalSkin looks forward to being present at the Congress, where we along with many Member organizations will bring the patient perspective to the forefront. We will network with doctors and specialists as well as industry partners. We are also planning several events that you will be invited to attend.
Please mark your calendars:
- GlobalSkin-Europe Community Workshop “Building Stronger Bonds: Fostering Effective Partnerships between Patient Organizations and Pharma Industry”: October 11, 14:30-16:30. This event will be facilitated by Dr. Tamás Bereczki, a renowned partner, consultant, and trainer in the patient-led and focused strategic advisory «Patvocates». Dr. Bereczki also serves as the course coordinator, content developer, and a trainer of EUPATI.
Please RSVP for the event HERE (Open to patient organization members only)
- GlobalSkin Skin Matters Reception: October 11, 17:30-19:30 Wilmina Hotel
Please RSVP Here (Open to all GlobalSkin stakeholders)
- Co-organized GlobalSkin-EADV Session: How collaboration improves access to care, October 12, 8:30-10:00 Room: M6+7
- EADV Patient Advocacy Task Force Meeting
- GlobalSkin Booth - Patient Organization Area – October 11 – 14
- GRIDD Research project poster - E-Poster Area - October 11-14
World Congress of Dermatology 2023
GlobalSkin attended the 25th World Congress of Dermatology (WCD) which took place in July 2023, in Singapore. Jennifer Austin, GlobalSkin CEO was an active participant on the Scientific Program Planning Committee for this prestigious event.
Highlights of GlobalSkin’s involvement include:
- Keynote by Marc Yale, GlobalSkin Board President
- Jennifer Austin chaired an expert forum (with co-chairs, GlobalSkin Board Member Dr. Inena Wa Inena, and GlobalSkin Member Kelly Capozza) on “Patients as partners in advancing dermatology through research and advocacy”
- Two oral presentations on the GRIDD project
- Participated in the Patient & Dermatology Community Village
- Co-hosted with DEBRA International a multi-stakeholder side event
- Met with patient organizations located in Asia
- Hosted a Skin Matters reception…and more!
The ILDS offered Patient Organizations the opportunity to exhibiting in the WCD2023 Patient & Dermatology Community Village. Patient Organizations were invited to book a complimentary booth which included three badges with full access to the scientific sessions.
Read the summary of the event here.