The Board will, from time to time, approve non-voting Affiliate Members of the International Alliance of Dermatology Patient Organizations. Although these Members are not patient-led dermatology organizations, they are non-profit organizations that ultimately benefit dermatology patients.
Recognized Affiliate Members of GlobalSkin shall include:
- Organizations that have expressed an interest in being involved with the work and objects of GlobalSkin;
- Organizations that serve many patient populations, including patients living with dermatological conditions;
- Non-patient organizations that are dermatology patient-centric such as research organizations, non-profit physician-led organizations and non-profit online organizations, which provide vetted information to patients and give of their time, their funding or their resources to support the work of GlobalSkin and;
- Organizations that have a representative who serves on GlobalSkin committees.
Rights and privileges of Affiliate Members
Affiliate Members are invited to participate in GlobalSkin events and activities and enjoy the following rights:
- To receive an invitation to attend the AGM, as non-voting participants, at least fourteen days in advance of the meeting;
- To attend the AGM, virtually via teleconference or in person, at their own expense;
- To be invited to participate in the resource-sharing components of the AGM;
- To receive copies of official GlobalSkin publications; and
- To be listed on the GlobalSkin website and in its literature.