Launched in 2020, the GlobalSkin Member Impact Fund was created to financially assist and support Member organizations in the planning and implementation of activities supporting their dermatology patient-led initiatives and projects.
We are off to a great start, as our Members around the globe have already been working on their initiatives. We are proud to continue to highlight their projects, as they are completed. Each project is grouped within 4 funding categories: Event Planning, Communications & Marketing, Advocacy, and Organizational Development.
Click the icons below to get inspired by initiatives taking place in Slovenia, Sri Lanka,
the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Cuba, Kenya, America, South Africa and Rwanda.
The GlobalSkin Member Impact Fund was created and launched in 2020 to financially assist Member organizations in the planning and implementation of activities supporting their dermatology patient-led initiatives and projects for the period of November 1, 2021 – October 31, 2022.
We invited grant applications from Full and Associate Member organizations that demonstrate how they will:
- Raise awareness of their disease(s)
- Support their patients
- Strengthen the work of their organization
Proposals that fell into one of the four categories below were funded up to $2,000 CAD.
- Event Planning
- Communications & Marketing
- Organizational Development
The application timeframe has now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied.
Successful recipients have now been chosen.
GlobalSkin is proud to financially support 30 patient organizations’ projects from 20 countries and 19 disease areas through this Fund.
Round 1 Recipients:
- Anti-Vitiligo Rwanda Foundation - Rwanda (Vitiligo)
- Canadian Skin Patient Alliance - Canada (All Skin Diseases)
- CARF International - International (Cicatrical Alopecia)
- CMTC - OVM - Netherlands (Lohuizen syndrome, which is also known as cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita (CMTC-OVM)
- CORBETTA RDC - Democratic Republic of the Congo (Skin Cancer)
- Cutis Laxa Internationale - International (Cutis Laxa)
- Eczema Society Kenya - Kenya (Eczema)
- Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research (FSR) - USA (Sarcoidosis)
- Global Albinism Alliance - International (Albinism)
- Global Parents for Eczema Research - International (Eczema)
- Institute Atopika - Slovenia (Eczema)
- International Pemphigus and Pemphigoid Foundation (IPPF) - International (Pemphigus and Pemphigoid)
- International Topical Steroid Awareness Network (ITSAN) - International (Topical Steroid Withdrawal Syndrome)
- National Organiztion, Allergy and Me - Serbia (Allergy & Asthma)
- Promotion of Education Link Organization (PELO) - Tanzania (Child Welfare)
- PRP Alliance - USA (Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris)
- Skin Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka (All Skin Diseases)
- Vitiligo Support and Research Group - Cuba (Vitiligo)
- XP Society South Africa - South Africa (Xeroderma Pigmentosum)
Round 2 Recipients:
- Canadian Association for Porphyria – Porphyria (Canada)
- Canadian Burn Survivors Community – Burns (Canada)
- DEBRA Croatia – EB (Croatia)
- DRUŠTVO ZA POMOČ OSEBAM Z ATOPIJSKIM DERMATITISOM – Atopic Eczema (Slovenia)
- Eczema Support Australia – Atopic Eczema (Australia)
- Genespoir – Albinism (France)
- Gorlin Syndrome Alliance – Gorlin Syndrome (USA)
- PEM Friends – Pemphigus/Pemphigoid (UK)
- The National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias – Ectodermal Dysplasias (USA)
- Vietnam Psoriasis Association – PSORVIET – Psoriasis (Vietnam)
We look forward to highlighting all Member projects as they are completed!
Thank You to our GlobalSkin Member Impact Fund Partners - Bronze supporters AbbVie, Almirall, Amgen, LEO Pharma, Pfizer, Sanofi Genzyme Regeneron, UCB, and Contributor supporters Dermira and Galderma for providing Core support to GlobalSkin, which makes this Fund possible.